Friday, October 11, 2013

Precious Moment III

"There are four phases of sex : excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution." Masters and Johnson. Yesterday I observed a woman go through all of the above phases without ever touching herself or another human being. She panted. She groaned with ecstasy. Her face flushed with pleasure. Her hair glistened with sweat. She finished, exhausted. I was a participant in an experiment in which I hoped, by imitating her every move, I would feel what she felt. To the beat of blaring music that was unidentifiable but hinted of melodies that were by turn Hindi, Latin, Jamaican or Chassidic, she moved to the right, rotating her shoulders backwards and jiggling her breasts. I moved to the right. She rhythmically moved to the left, thrusting her pelvis to the front, to the back, to the left side, to the right side. I moved to the left. She bent over, thrusting her buttocks out, forcing her right buttock ceilingward, then her left buttock ceilingward. I bent over. She arched her back and neck in the limbo position, her pelvis perpendicular to the floor while her palms gestured to some invisible lover, "come get me." I performed the palm gesture perfectly. She did the basic salsa sidestep, tossing her long hair back, caressing it as she swayed her hips from side to side. I tossed my highlighted hair back to remove it from under my contact lense. Was the experiment a success? Well, I definitely panted due to the exertion of trying to rotate my shoulders while jiggling my breasts. I was able to accomplish neither, but I did groan during the shoulder rotation as it reactivated my left shoulder impingement. My face was flushed, but it was less pleasure and more high blood pressure. My hair glistened with sweat as did every part of me including my molars. I finished, exhausted, but less a post coital exhaustion and much more a "read me my last rites, I'm about to die" exhaustion. In science, success does not come without pain. In order to invent the smallpox vaccine,Edward Jenner had to inject himself with cowpox. As a result of her work on radiation, Marie Curie, died of radiation induced cancer. Although it may required a shoulder sling and I may die trying, I will return to Zumba class. I want to have what she's having and I don't mean a tuna sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment